Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What happened to my fall

Somewhere along the road, I went from summer to Winter. This happened quickly, like in one day. At Arches yesterday it was low 90s, last week at Mead it was still 106 for the high. Today however, I felt 28 degree temps. That was cold. The plan was to go across the mountain within the Rocky Mt National Park. However the weather had different plans for us. We got all the way to the VC (about an 1 1/2 from the interstate) only to be told the road was closed 10 miles ahead. I was pretty bummed. However, we still did two short walks on the west side and got to hear elk bugling and then got to see them. I will post some pictures sometime. Tomorrow we are going back into the park on the east side. I am looking forward to it. Tonight we are staying in Loveland, CO about 45 minutes from the east side of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment